Lodging in the heart of the hamlet "Le Suc", located on the town of Arlempdes (one of the most beautiful villages in France) south of the Auvergne and a few kilometers from the Ardèche and Lozère.
This is a detached house with a closed area of 600 m². We have carefully restored, respecting the original character, an old farmhouse. This cottage is available for rent beginning in July 2012.
This cottage should obtain the Eco-Lodge (green) in July 2012. We also built the ground floor access for the handicaped people.
Capacities (2 configurations):
. 6 people (Access Ground floor only), Living area 160 m²
. Or 14 people (whole house), Living area 260 m²
. Can rent a room in addition to festive 65 m²
Rates are for renting the full house. It is possible for six people or less, to rent only the ground floor and have 25% discount on advertised rates.
Lounge / Living room furnished (flat screen TV,
games, books, magazines ...),
Kitchen "open" on the dining area, fully equipped
with a terrace in Volcanic stone pavement,
Dining area with a very large table,
2 bedrooms with 3 beds of 2 people (1 is 160 large),
1 bed for child with baby equipment,
Bathroom with "Italian" shower, independent WC,
4 bedrooms 4 beds of 2 people, 2 bathrooms with 2
walk-in showers and bathtubs,
A games room and festive piece of 65 m²,
A partially covered outdoor terrace.
Environmental heating: wood pellets,
Heating if necessary:
Package 105 € per week
Deposit upon arrival: 300 €
Supplement per dog : € 30 per week
Festive hall rental : 100 € per week (65m ²)
Cleaning : € 90 for rent ground floor only
Cleaning fee : € 120 if renting the whole house
Possible rent : € 7 per week for a pair of sheets,
linens, bathroom linen.
This project, for my brother and myself, we are particularly heart because he is our childhood village where we worked with our parents on the farm.
This building housed:
. The barn, 20 cows,
. The barn, fodder necessary to face long winters,
. The "aviary" for storage of hay upstairs
and "finish" of lambs (young sheep) in the ground floor,
. The main house of our family until the 1970s.
This rehabilitation was also a way to not let it drop to the family wealth also contributing to the dynamism of our shared childhood.
Our project was to rehabilitate a big way this old farmhouse keeping up the existing local character (the rise of barn, the pigs sty, stone masonry facades, a natural terrace on the front with "cobblestone" The cellar in front of the house, ..) and then rent it and / or use it for our vacation. Our natural tendency was to preserve the planet and the new label "Ecogîte" We were immediately captivated and inspired despite the constraints.
In the village center, the tray trough where cows and sheep came to drink. This water comes from the surrounding hills. The town has held the tray and the washing trough even though they are hardly used anymore. There are about thirty years the village women were washing clothes at the laundry with "benches" in woods where they knelt to work.
"Le Suc" is a hamlet of ten houses.
One farming family is grown now and that the surrounding lands. These farmers also raise sheep and cows. Other residents are retired.
There are just twenty years ago, three farm families shared the land in this hamlet.
The river "Méjeanne" flowing down and feeds the Loire, a few kilometers from Suc.
This is a peaceful place where it feels good to rest, even for athletes engaging in steps (easy trails to access or difficult depending on your choice) to discover the different landscapes or go fishing.
Opportunity to practice riding in Pradelles (15 kms),
Possibility of rides road bikes or mountain bikes
Beautiful beaches for swimming along the Loire river (Arlempdes 3 kms).
The surroundings are meadows and cultivated fields.
South East side, forests extend in a ravine landscape.
This hamlet is situated 3 kilometers from the Village Arlempdes, ranked as one of the most beautiful villages in France, a village famous for hosting the first castle on the Loire.
Land, North East, in the shade from heat of summer, was arranged and was made easily accessible from inside the house via a door creates (including for handicaped people) and by the outside via a small path built alongside the house.
For this restoration, we realized this construction:
1) In the spirit of limiting our environmental footprint with the desire to get the label "Ecogîte"
a) Control of the original character
- Conservation maximum of the original architecture of this building for perfect integration in its
environment and its site,
- Corner sofas stones to remind nurseries / mangers of cows above the racks where the hay was pushed (one rack was retained for a nod to those childhood memories).
- Conservation of traditional methods (eg for the bonding of facades).
b) Control of energy consumption
- 2 Velux roof onto 2 floors glass (skylights) to bring the natural light in the living room,
- Heating "sustainable development, renewable energy" type energy wood (pellets),
- Materials "white" with an energy label 50% min in A, (All the kids was Chois in A),
c) Control of water consumption
- Recovery of the village water source for toilets, washing machine, outdoor watering (all without risk to health because through a second network of water).
- Equipped with mixer tap aerators to limit consumption of 30 to 50%,
- WC with double max flow 3 and 6 liters,
d) Control of waste by sorting
- A composting area will be used for two vegetable gardens in the immediate vicinity,
- Trash 4: Glass / Plastic (clean), cardboard and paper / Other waste / hazardous waste (batteries)
e) Quality control of materials used and + Crafts from local
- Use maximum local raw materials and sound: local wood species for joinery, flooring and roofing (wood supplied from our forests), local stone (including stone added)
- Sound insulation was taken into account by a double skin with an intermediate insulation between floors.
- Water-based paints,
- Support the local craft industry: mason, carpenter, plumber, heating, dry liner, painters, electricians, tilers, ...),
f) Control of nuisances
- No noise:
. Quiet village,
. Insulation in place,
- No visual disturbance:
. Integration of the TV antenna on the inside (the
. Integration of elements in a work plan
(Washing machine, dishwasher, ..)
2) In a spirit to welcome people with handicap
We have made the ground floor accessible to persons with disabilities (motor, auditory, mental, visual):
We are at your disposal for any further information.
Laurent and Henry